If you are worried about something, feel unwell or need treatment, you can visit your doctor (GP) at any age.  Everything you say will be kept confidential and you don’t have to tell anyone that you’ve seen a doctor. Your parents or carers may have already registered you with a doctor, but you can register yourself.


If you think you have a health issue don’t go straight to A&E, check out the links here or visit nhsgo for advice and support.


Call 111 for non-emergency medical advice


Call 999 for an emergency


Other NHS services are available, such as Urgent Care Centres, Hospitals and Dentists. To find your nearest ones see the ‘Find Local Services’ section on the NHS Choices website:


You can find out more about caring for your health on the Visiting Your Doctor page of the Childline website.